A Note from the Pastors
June 16, 2020
Greetings Village Heights,
Hopefully, everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing and trying not to go crazy in the process. Social distancing is not getting any easier! We will do our best to pass along some congregational news that is pertinent in this letter. This pastor team has still been meeting regularly during this wild time of COVID-19! If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact one of us.
1. Start Date – A re-open date has still not been formally set by our Mission Center. That means, we cannot meet inside the church building or outside until further notice. This is not easy! We know it. But our leaders are trying their best to protect the health and welfare of the most vulnerable. We will definitely let you know ASAP when we finally hear the news!
2. NEW Protocols – When we do finally open, there will be MANY protocols for us all to follow. We will outline those for you at that time. Be ready to WEAR MASKS, GLOVES, SOCIAL DISTANCE, etc. for quite a while inside the building and out.
3. Facility Health Officer – The Mission Center has requested that each congregation appoint a Covid19 Facility Health Officer to lead the congregation through new guidelines for re-opening. Joe Lay and Karen VanFleet have been appointed by the VH pastors.
4. Tithing – We are truly appreciative of those who continue to regularly mail tithing or Etithe. Village Heights has been able to meet our expenses because of you. Please be aware that Camp Doniphan is in desperate need of funds since the camping season has been cancelled. If you are a parent of a camper, please consider donating the cost (or part of the cost) of the camp your child would have attended. We know this will be a sacrifice, but Doniphan may not survive without these funds. Please also add Doniphan to your prayer list!
CFO - Kurt Wilcoxen – email@example.com #913-961-6137
Assistant CFO – Steve Euritt – firstname.lastname@example.org #816-591-3783
5. NEW Pastor Team – Beginning July 1, 2020 the new pastor team of Shawn Ashby, Julie Bover, and Joe & Tammie Lay, will be appointed pastors of Village Heights by Mission Center President, Greg Wilson. Apostle Janae Grover and Greg will let us vote at another date in the future to support this team, since COVID rules prevent us from meeting in person. See enclosed letter from Greg Wilson regarding this process.
Shawn Ashby – email@example.com #816-550-4547
Julie Bover – firstname.lastname@example.org #816-835-0733
Joe Lay – email@example.com #816-721-1333
Tammie Lay – firstname.lastname@example.org #719-6071
6. Stay Connected – In case you have forgotten, need a reminder, or never knew
these social media sites existed, please see:
*Church Updates: www.villageheights.updates.org Website where you can log in and
POST prayer requests, announcements, or other needs.
*Village Heights Facebook Page – managed by 2 pastors (Soon to be Tammie and Julie)
*Congregational Website: www.villageheights.org. Page is organized by Debbie Woods.
*Central Mission: http://centralmission.org/ Page is managed by Laura Reed
*World Church Website: www.cofchrist.org
As our Mission Center has written, “COVID-19 has propelled us into uncharted territory. Every aspect of our daily lives has been disrupted. Our desire to be together in community has led us to online ministry, and we have encountered new and familiar faces with a renewed presence of the Holy Spirit in our gatherings. We are discovering “a variety of ways in which spiritual community forms and flows as expressions of the gospel of peace.” (Words of Counsel to the Church, Stephen M. Veazey, April 13, 2019)
Thanks to you, our congregation, for your patience and your prayers. We have felt them. We have needed them! Crossing our fingers that we will see you all soon inside the walls of Village Heights.
Love to all,
Shawn, Les, Ginny, Sharron, & Jeff